Sunday, February 12, 2012

Threading Grandma's Bobbin

My sister inherited my grandma's sewing machine.  Funny thing is, I never knew of this particular grandma to sew.  I suppose that it makes sense that my sister inherited it since she doesn't really sew either!  My machine is in the shop for its annual check up (it take two weeks uhg).  So I borrowed Grandma's machine.  Problem is I couldn't figure out how to thread the bobbin.  I tried three different ways, wasted lots of thread and then I finally found a helpful post on the internet.  It turns out that this particular Viking Husquvara machine threads the bobbin while the needle is still threaded.  Once I did it the right way, it worked like a charm!  Tried to find an internet picture to show, but alas, I'll have to take a real pic soon.

No comments: